Well, June sure was a lot busier than I had expected. Of course, we celebrated Father’s Day and did all the gift shopping. I sent my dad a really cool gardening multi-tool for him to use in his garden, a waterproof phone case to use when he goes fishing, and some yummy chap sticks for everyday. I think he’ll get some use out of all of it. All of my gift ideas are still saved and would make great gift ideas for birthdays and Christmas as well.
We also took a little trip up to Oklahoma for my son’s UTA Grand National Karate Tournament and found some fun places while we were there. He actually won first place in point sparring and is the reigning National Champion! I can hardly believe it! He also attended summer school and earned his first degree black belt. Drew started summer diving lessons and is getting ready for her Trampoline Nationals in July. We’ve had tons of family fun, but there is more to come in July, so stay tuned. Follow me on Instagram for all the videos.
I also had a question come through about the painted concrete floors we did four years ago in our main bedroom. So, I updated that post and let you guys know just how they are holding up after all these years.
And, in preparation for the upcoming 4th of July holiday, I just shared my Arkansas Cheese Dip Recipe. Grill up some burgers and have this cheese dip with chips on the side. It’s perfect.
If you have read my blog for some time, then you might have noticed a bit of a shift in my content lately. I spent some time in June working on my menu to reflect that shift. You will notice I have expanded my Lifestyle menu and moved all of my Christmas and seasonal decor under Seasonal Home Decor. I’ve also added a Portfolio section and organized my DIYs under Projects. I kept My Home so you can find things by the room or area of my house. So, I hope you find this easier to navigate. I know I am enjoying it.
I am still planning to post DIYs and Christmas decorating tutorials, so don’t worry. In addition, I am going to be sharing more products and more of my life in Lifestyle. You’ll see more recipes, some fashion, some beauty posts and of course, you’ll get to hear my thoughts on motherhood and raising kids over the age of ten. I hope you like my mix of content. Leave me a comment if you have a topic you would like to discuss.
That’s it for June. I can’t believe it’s gone! Now, I’m bracing for July. Wish me luck!
Shop & Pin Best of June Here
- Sherwin Williams Porch & Floor Enamel – The paint I used on my concrete floors.
- Multi-Tools by Gentlemen’s Hardware – So many multi-tools to choose from.
- Behr Wet Look Sealer – The sealer I used on my concrete floors.
- Waterproof Phone Case by Gentlemen’s Hardware– Gave this to my dad to use when he is fishing.
- Rustoleum Concrete Patch & Repair Kit – This is what I used to fill in the holes in the concrete after tearing out the tack strip.
- Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Nonstick Hard-Anodized 8-Quart Stockpot with Lid, Black – This is the perfect pot for making a double batch of Arkansas Cheese Dip.
- Olive Oil Lip Balm – Bourbon Vanilla .15 oz. – Everyone loves lip balm, but my dad loves this one.