Have you ever heard of Dashi Dog or Tunip the Vegimal? Unless you have a small child obsessed with the Octonauts, you probably haven’t. But, if you are like I was and you have a child that is obsessed with the Octonauts, you know that finding a Dashi Dog or Tunip the Vegimal Halloween costume isn’t going to happen. You are going to have to make one yourself. Well, here is how you do it.
- Put together the basic pieces that you can turn into a costume.
- Brown shirt – I found a brown shirt in the closet.
- Pink skirt – I ordered a pink skirt online.
- Blue boots – We splurged and bought blue Uggs that she wore all the time.
- Blue tights – We found some tights at Target.
- Camera – We used our Fisher-Price pink camera.
- Print out some Octonaut logos on iron-on paper. I just searched for Octonauts images and found what I wanted. I printed directly onto the iron-on paper that I ordered online right on my home printer. I ironed on a large Octonaut logo on the back of the shirt and a small logo on the front.
- Make an embroidered name tag for the front of the shirt.
- Make a blue felt collar and sew it onto the shirt.
- Sew a border or trim on the skirt.
- Make a puppy dog tail out of felt and sew it onto the back of the skirt.
- Make an Octonaut hat. I used a felt bowl that I found at Michael’s. I covered it with blue felt and cut out a logo from white felt. Then I sewed the logo on by hand.
- Make air tanks out of a pool noodle and duck tape. I cut up a pool noodle to be the air tanks and made the straps to hold it together with some pink polk-a-dot duck tape I found at Target.
- To make a little Tunip the Vegimal costume for my son, I just dressed him in an orange shirt and made a hat out of a felt bowl. I cut out green leaves from felt and sewed them on the hat/bowl.
Now that you’ve got the costume picked out, here’s an idea about how to pour paint on pumpkins here. It’s so much fun.